Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Afternoon Eat and Talk

After more than a year, I decided to post since I have time on my hands. Work was the preoccupation since I last wrote something, and nothing stellar happened for the past months. And now I'm back!

Yesterday, Anne and I met and we decided to have an afternoon coffee. (One of the signs that we are well on our road to aging.) Chit chat and catching up was the goal not to mention escaping from the afternoon heat inside the house. We decided to go to the nearby Moonleaf Tea Shop in Congressional, but we ended up in one of the establishments beside it:




Since Anne is a caffeine fiend we decided that she would try their Unli Cakes and Coffee Promo (Php 200). Good thing  most of the cakes are actually cheesecakes so I was fortunate to have a go with her choices.




Standard Oreo Cheesecake. I noticed that the cheesecakes are not baked, but refrigerated. You can check that with the consistency. If the cake is bordering on being jell-o like, then more likely it is refrigerated.



Mango Cheesecake with mango fruit bits. Refreshing.



To cut the sweets, I tried their Grilled Chicken Pasta (Php 185). The white sauce has a hint of nutmeg, but that's it. I find it bland even if I had to pour Parmesan all over. Overpriced for me.

Anne was ok with the coffee and the cheesecakes. Sans the pasta, I can somehow consider it a good eat. They are planning to have an Unli Pasta Promo next month, but I'm not sure if I'd try it. Hopefully it's as affordable as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...