Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mid-week Eat Out

Rache was able to drop by the office for some deliveries, so we decided to eat out after work since she's on kaladkarin mode. I had some errands to do so we went to Glorieta to get some stuff and we were able to have a short chat while strolling around the mall. After 30 minutes of walking we decided to fill our tummies. Good thing she was on pig-out mode as I was in the mood too. We went to Greenbelt to look for a resto, but I had my thoughts elsewhere. I brought her to Ayala Triangle instead. 



I was choosing between Bon Chon and Banapple, and it seemed that they were in a tie. Good thing I realized that Rache had a sweet tooth as well. So Banapple took the votes and before we knew it we had our little corner all to ourselves.

I remembered that my sister and her hubby would often bring cheesecakes from their main branch in Katipunan and we would enjoy the oversized Banoffee delight after a sumptous meal. Of course we had to find our way to the main entrees first before dessert, so we decided to have different orders so we can maximize our impromptu taste test.


For starters we had the Chicken Pie with Potato Salad on the side. I'm a sucker for savory pastries  so I ordered it immediately when I saw it. Too bad the dough was a bit on the sweet side rather than the savory. Rache enjoyed her share while I tried to finish mine. Good thing the salad was the savior of the dish.


For the entrees I had the Trio of Sausages Fettucine while Rache had Herbed Chicken Rolls with Basil Cream Sauce.




The mood was festive because they have hefty servings. And since we were on pig out mode, we had to indulge ourselves. The Chicken was heavenly with its cream sauce. Good thing the basil was not too overpowering. The pasta was just ok, but you can taste the difference between the sausages.




After the sumptuous meal we had to have desert since it's their specialty. The White Chocolate Truffle Berry Cheesecake was mine for the taking. I like the Berry Jam inside. The serving size was more than satisfying. Rache was about to have a sampling when of it when I made this face:




Of course she had her way. And I'm too generous. Bleh. Rache had the Snicker Fudge Cheesecake which she had a hard time resisting as well.




After the gastric exercise we found ourselves filled to the brim. I was about to lie on the ground and let Rache kick me like a barrel. I was too full to move. We decided to walk around the triangle instead and watch the runners, the would be runners and the passers by aka usiseros. It was a humid evening so we were starting to sweat as well. We decided to call it a day and rest our tummies. But one thing's for sure: we're not done with Ayala Triangle yet. :D 

4 comments:

  1. Oi bakit ka nagpalit ng URL? Tsaka ang sarap naman nyan nagutom ako hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Binago ko. May halos kapareho ng link eh. :S

    Kain tayo! Lolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Banapple! Good food, nice iced tea, great desserts selection, all reasonably priced. They just need to get better chairs! But I guess, the intention is for you not to get too comfy and lounge around tlaga. Hahaha. Try the pies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. Masyadong maliit. Pero swerte kung nasa couch ka. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...