Monday, July 11, 2011

To Read: Belgariad / Malloreon

Its been a while since I reread the series and up to now I have to be thankful to Anne for introducing me to the series. Belgariad / Malloreon were 2 series of fantasy novels about a boy named Garion who turns out to the one who will ancient prophecies known to the disciples of Aldur.



I can't compare it to LOTR since IMO its way better because of its succinct style and light-hearted take on the contemporary fantasy / adventure genre. I love this genre way more than the sci-fi cousin since its more "realistic" in a sense. Id rather leave the vastness of the cosmos to my love for comic books.

Its been years since I was able to read it. Anne gave me the first book of Belgariad which is Pawns of Prophecy last 2006 and was unable to stop reading the series til I finished the last book of Malloreon. I was enamored with the style of Eddings because I don't have to tirelessly read tons of paragraphs just to describe a single scenario.

I actually finished my first run with the series using a nokia N70. I downloaded the ebooks and read it in between college classes. I remembered that my blockmates thought I was addicted to text messaging only to find out that I was actually reading novels. 


And now I have the copies of his other works stored in my iPod Touch. Now I am starting to read everything and I'm falling in love with the characters all over again. Geek love is sweeter the second time around.

2 comments:

  1. Naumpisahan mo na ba yung mga audio books? Aliw pakinggan hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hindi pa. Binasa ko muna ulit. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...